Friday, October 29, 2010

Turkey


Matthew and I had such a wonderful time in Turkey, we didn't want to leave! Istanbul was fantastically vibrant and Cappadochia was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I loved the tile work in Topkopi Palace and the dress styles of some of the elder Turkish men and women were simple yet rich in pattern...I loved them! We went in a hot air balloon and explored Goreme with our new French friends, Sophie and Florian. Above is a photograph of the spice bazarre. I will post more pictures soon...as there are many to sort through.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hillery!
    I discovered Rebe several years ago and fell in love. Aren't mom's the best collaborators?

    I just discovered your blog, and was thrilled to find your prints and artists books and appreciation for Adam Wolpa and the Topkapi Tile - some of my favorite things! Wonderful work on your website. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Did you by chance get to visit Cocoon in Istanbul? It is a wonderland of handmade, felt hats: http://cocoonchic.com/PhotoGallery.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes, we did visit Cocoon. It was beautiful! It was right down the street from our hotel.

    ReplyDelete